Martin Regional Library Meeting Room Procedures Agreement
You must review these procedures and submit the form at the bottom in order to proceed to the scheduling form.
- Rooms are booked on a first-come, first served basis. We restrict each group or organization to 12 bookings at a time, whether they are daily, weekly or monthly.
- To book a room, a group must have a current copy of this document on file with the library in which you are meeting.
- All meetings are free and open to the public.
- No admission charge, fees, contributions or service charges may be made for any function held in the library’s meeting rooms. Meetings cannot be used for the purpose of commercial enterprises.
- Political groups may use library meeting rooms to conduct the business of the organization. However, political rallies, for the purpose of supporting or opposing a specific candidate or issue may not be held in the library.
- Recitals, social functions or organizations engaged in soliciting business or funds may not be scheduled in the meeting rooms.
- Groups may not use the library meeting rooms to promote or sell a service or product.
- Advertising and/or publicity for meetings must be approved by the Executive Office prior to the date of the event. Advertising and/or publicity without approval can result in a loss of privileges.
- Meetings and set ups for meetings may not begin before the library opens for normal business. Meetings and clean up must be finished within the time scheduled for the meeting or in time for group members to exit the building by closing time.
- Meetings must take place in the confines of the room and may not spill over into library workspace.
- Rooms must be left as neat and clean as you found them and must be returned to their original standard configuration when meetings are finished. Report damage to the room, carpet, doors, furniture, equipment, etc. as soon as possible before leaving the library. The group using the room at the time damage occurs is responsible for the cost of repair.
- Smoking in the library or within twenty-five feet of the entrance to the library is not permitted under Oklahoma State law.
- Lit candles are not allowed without prior approval by the agency librarian or authorized library staff.
- Materials are not to be attached to walls, windows, doors, or furnishings by any means (tape, nails, tacks, adhesive gum, etc.) If requested, the library will provide easels.
- Light refreshments may be served. Groups may not serve any beverage containing red dye and must bring their own serving supplies.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Noise from meeting rooms must not interfere with regular library business.
- The library reserves the right to move groups with small attendance to a smaller, more appropriate room where applicable.
- The library reserves the right to request changes in meeting room schedules if a conflict with library programming should develop.
- If your meeting is cancelled, please let the library know as soon as possible so we can make the room available to other groups. Future bookings will be cancelled if a group fails to show a total of three times in a given calendar year.
- Except for the intentional acts or omissions of the library or its agents or employees, the organization named below, for itself and all of its members, indemnifies, holds harmless and agrees to defend the library and its agents and employees from any liability, or any claims therefore, related to the use of library facilities.
I have read and agree to comply with the policies and procedures listed above. I understand that by signing this form I am agreeing to be responsible for meetings of the organization and that the organization cannot meet unless one of the two signees is present.