Standards & Specifications Database
The Central Library’s Research Center orders selected new and revised print standards coordinated and accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Varying alphanumeric document numbers on each ANSI standard differentiate publishing organizations as well as titles (ex. ANSI/ASME). These standards are shelved alphabetically by organization and then numerically within our Standards and Specifications Vertical Files. Some standards are classified by Dewey Decimal Number in the Research Center book stacks (Ex: American Petroleum Institute).
Within copyright restrictions, photocopiers are available for copying. Emailing and scanning are possible at 10 pages per day. At the library’s discretion, check -out privileges are for Tulsa City-County Library customers with a valid library card and proper business identification. (The documents are to be used for business use.)
Other full or partial standards in the Research Center Collection include:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- American Society for Non-Destructive Testing
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- Building Official and Code Administrators (BOCA)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
For more information on specific standards, contact Central Library’s AskUs Hotline at (918) 549-7323, or
The Standards and Specifications Database searches the Research Center Collection by keyword/number, organization or title.